Volunteering describes acting out of choice and free will, rather than something done with concern and belief in a cause. Volunteering is simple. It's about giving your time to do something useful. In return you get the satisfaction of time and effort well spent.
Being a Volunteer means that you are ready to take on the responsibility. At Palawi it means 'sharing your life'.
You can volunteer and spend time with the children. Receive their affection and warmth, bask in the joy of making a difference, tell them stories, share their dreams, see them as they really are: spiritually tough inside, not fragile and vulnerable as they appear.
Volunteering can be a great way to meet new people, learn new skills, gain useful experiences, develop new interests, and to be a part of the community.
Believe us, it does make a meaningful impact! You may not possess great skills. What we need are people who can work with us in a committed manner and with sustainable effort.
Tips to help you start Volunteering:
- Think about what you have to offer- enthusiasm, work skills, life skills.
- Work out roughly how much time you have to give and how many times a week or month.
- Be committed to time and work you sign up for.
- Talk to other volunteers who have been working for a longer time. This way you will learn from their experiences.
- Meet us in person if you aren't clear about anything. Don't hesitate about asking questions as you go through the process of applying for an opportunity.
- Just try it- often the most difficult part of volunteering is making the first move, so be brave and show that you've got drive and initiative!
For more information, please contact us.